Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2009 Culpeper Blue Devil Football Awards

A little over a week ago the annual Blue Devil Football awards were held at CCHS.
I first want to state that this group of football players was the best group of people that I have ever been around. These are great guys and if it was possible, they all are deserving of an award.

Offensive Player of the Year: Larry Williams
Defensive Player of the Year: Cortez Rollins
Lineman of the Year: Chris Shelton
Make a Difference (MAD): Richard Carpenter
MVP: Cortez Rollins
Most Improved Player: Colin Huntt
Those are the official awards. I felt that it was necessary to give out other awards. These are both serious awards and non-serious awards.

"Foreman Award" -Cortez Rollins
"Workman Award" -Colin Huntt
"Versatility Award" -Colin Huntt
"Big Hammer Award" -Chris Shelton

"Little Hammer Award" -Matt Wince
"Big Eater Award" -Matt Franklin
"Inappropriate Attire Award" -Derek Dwyer
"Little Big Man Award" -Dustin Whisenhunt
"Foot-in-Mouth Award" -Richard Carpenter

There is no way that a 10 game season was long enough for me. I enjoyed every minute of this past season and selfishly I wanted to spend even more time with these guys. If you were around these kids then you have an idea, if you were not, you missed out on an outstanding group of young men. Men that make me proud when they call me "Coach".

Gentlemen, Thank you.

Coach Ulrich

BDP

No comments:

Post a Comment